Do you think about death?

I think about the death every now and then. I am not afraid of death. Instead, I think being mindful of death helps you truly live because it shifts everything into perspective.

You don't sweat the small stuff as much, it motivates you to do what you truly want to do. Think about the death, people tend to understand how to measure the happiness by experiences, and how fulfilling your relationships are.

And sure sometimes it becomes incredibly overwhelming. But thinking about death has made me a more present human being.

Because it's a constant reminder that tomorrow is not a guarantee. Use your time well and wisely.

Death makes you confront with the idea of your own mortality you have to ask yourself: what mark do I want to leave on this world? How do I want to measure my self-worth and what is going to make my life meaningful?

Knowing how impermanent and small I am in comparison to the vastness of the universe. I've kind of come to the conclusion that I would define my life a success:

Having a job you feel pensionable about and make it a profitable business and having incredibly loving relationships with my friends and family.

Think about the death at early life stage will make you create a life philosophy. This is one sentence that you can live your entire life by, it's like your thesis statement or a mantra that resonates with you that you can come back to again and again when life's finalities trick you into thinking you're going to be here forever.

Spoiler alert : You're not.


Comments