Decide what you actually want your priorities to be

Stop saying “I don’t have time” for this

“I just don’t have enough time.”

We’ve all said it before.

We say “I don’t have time” when life gets busy or when we don’t want to feel guilty about skipping something:
If we don’t have enough time to work out, it’s easier for us to be okay with wheezing after a flight of stairs.
If we don’t have enough time to prepare healthy meals, it’s easier to accept our next unhealthy meal through a drive-thru window.
If we don’t have enough time to clean the house, it’s easier to accept living in filth.
If we don’t have time to apply for new jobs and make new connections, it’s easier to accept staying in a dead-end job.

In the end, you do have time but you just it is not your top priority.

Starting today, you are no longer allowed to utter the words: “I don’t have time.”

Instead, you will say, “It’s not a priority.”

Watch how quickly your perspective shifts when looking at life’s challenges this way:
“I’d love to work out, I just don’t have time” becomes “exercising isn’t a priority.”
“I’d love to eat healthier, but I don’t have time to cook” becomes “eating healthy isn’t a priority.”
“I don’t have time to travel” becomes “traveling isn’t a priority.“

Suddenly, the excuse of time becomes an incredibly weak argument. Crap.

Stings a bit, huh?

Remember this “It’s not what we say is a priority, but what we actually DO that’s a priority.”

How you choose to spend your time defines your priorities.

I know you can get a great workout in 20 minutes, so I refuse to accept ANYBODY telling me that they don’t have time to work out.

I challenge you, starting today, to erase the phrase “I don’t have time” from your vocabulary. Instead, say “it’s not a priority.”

And then decide what you actually want your priorities to be.


Comments