10 things old people say they regret not doing in their life

I am reading the 10 things old people say they regret not doing in their life and thinking which one could be my regret? Here are 10 regret things:

10. I wish I had learned a second language

9. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard

8. I wish I had been better at expressing how I felt: Many people regret that they suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. Because of this, they never accomplished the things they wanted to.

7. I wish I had taken better care of my body

6. I wish I had been more selective with my romantic relationships

5. I didn’t need to worry so much

4. I wish I had spent more time outside of my comfort zone

3. I could have given back more. Giving does not need to be about money though. More often it’s about helping and supporting others with what you can offer as a human being, and expecting nothing in return.

2. I wish I pursued my dreams and aspirations, and not the life others expected of me. One of the most common regrets we found was this one: people who had arrived at the end of their life and had missed out on many of their hearts desires because they were too busy living up to what others expected of them. Most people had not honored even half of their dreams, and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made, because of how others might judge them. There is a freedom that comes with being close to death, but often that freedom is also when you realize the things you missed out on. So if you have things you feel you should be doing…today, not tomorrow, is when to act.

1. I wish I had spent more time with people I care about - Many of us get caught up in the daily activities of life. Working, shopping, raising the kids, holidays. It’s hard not to be consumed by the endless cycle, but then later in life, we’re faced with not having spent enough quality time with friends and family. With all the research online, this is the most common regret. Everyone misses their friends & family when they reach the end, and they start to regret not spending more time with them in life. It can also work in reverse, where the people who are left behind also feel the regret.

Um…at this point of time, I don’t think I have any above regrets. LOL!
Image result for 10 things old people say they regret not doing in their life

Comments